As I read and re-read each word written in their books, and as I listened to every word spoken, my heart leapt with joy at what I was reading and hearing.
For me, it was confirmation of the feelings I had carried with me, deep within my heart, for as long as time; confirmation that there were others who shared the same beliefs as me; reassurance that my thoughts were very “normal” ~ well, to those who share my beliefs, at least.
Abraham is very quick to point out that you either get it, or you don’t, and either way, it’s okay.
Time has passed since those early days, when I thought that I may burst with excitement at the discovery I had made. These days, the excitement and enthusiasm has not subsided, it has only grown stronger, although the feelings are different, more subdued.
Now, there’s calm acceptance of the truth, my truth, as I know it to be. My beliefs feel natural, unquestioned, and I accept complete ownership of my feelings.
If you haven’t heard the teachings of Abraham-Hicks, here is a synopsis, or perhaps a list of twelve quotes oozing with wisdom, written by Abraham. If these points “gel” with you, visit the website at www.abraham-hicks.com to hear more.
If you just don’t get it, that’s okay too.
Either way, all is well. 🙂
~ ~ ~
Abraham-Hicks Synopsis of Teachings
1. You Are a Physical Extension of That Which is Non-physical.
2. You Are Here in This Body Because You Chose to Be Here.
3. The Basis of Your Life is Freedom; the Purpose of Your Life is Joy.
4. You Are a Creator; You Create With Your Every Thought.
5. Anything That You Can Imagine is Yours to Be or Do or Have.
6. As You Are Choosing Your Thoughts, Your Emotions Are Guiding You.
7. The Universe Adores You, for it Knows Your Broadest Intentions.
8. Relax into Your Natural Well-Being. All is Well. (Really It Is!)
9. You Are a Creator of Thoughtways on Your Unique Path of Joy.
10. Actions to Be Taken and Possessions to Be Exchanged Are By-products of Your Focus on Joy.
11. You May Appropriately Depart Your Body Without Illness or Pain.
12. You Can Not Die; You Are Everlasting Life.